We are always seeking hard working, self-motivated, hands-on individuals to join our entrepreneurial company located in Chattanooga, TN. The most desirable candidates will be results oriented, mechanically minded, have an interest in manufacturing, and how things work.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, short and long term disability, and paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check & drug screening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Operates a variety of CNC and/or manual machining equipment including cylindrical grinders, lathes, and mills.
• Operates machine tools in the machining and finishing of precision machine parts.
• Must have the ability to operate precision equipment to hold tight tolerances (+/- 0.0002 - +/- .001") and to achieve the proper surface finish in accordance with customer specifications and/or engineering drawings.
• Demonstrated experience managing personal productivity and quality to meet customer requirements
• Proficiency in reading micrometers, using dial indicators, calipers, and other measurement instruments
• Measure thickness, diameter, and total indicated run out across multiple surfaces of industrial parts • High level of understanding in the handling of parts with critical surface finish requirements
• Read and interpret engineering drawings and follow work instructions
• Aptitude for concentrating on minor details
• Experience working in an industrial environment – 3 years minimum
• Must pass Pre-Employment testing and a drug screen. Background Check is performed after employment offers.
Personal Skills required
• Must be able to work collaboratively as part of a team and remain on task independently
• Display the ability to focus on problems as opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to think "yes I can if. . ."
• Problem solving mentality that is concerned with root cause
• Computer skills necessary for data entry -- production and quality
Special Requirements and Considerations
• CNC Programming experience with G-code and M-code a plus
• Basic machine shop education or equivalent on the job experience
• Precision Measuring Instruments education
• Experience Grinding of Hard Chrome, Ceramic, or Carbide coatings a Plus.
Education and Training
• Minimum Education: High school graduate or GED
• Experience in a lean/5S environment preferred**
Benefits offered after one full month of employment include medical, dental, vision, and paid life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Individuals interested in applying for a position at our company should email a completed employment application along with their resume to us at HR@industrialplating.com.
Industrial Plating Company is located near downtown Chattanooga, TN. Chattanooga was recently rated #1 in Outside Magazine as one of the best places to live and is considered the “Boulder” of the south.