We are always seeking hard working, self-motivated, hands-on individuals to join our entrepreneurial company located in Chattanooga, TN. The most desirable candidates will be results oriented, mechanically minded, have an interest in manufacturing, and how things work.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, short and long term disability, and paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check & drug screening.
• Demonstrated experience managing personal productivity and quality to meet customer requirements
• High level of understanding in the handling of parts with critical surface finish requirements
• Knowledge of Thermal Spray equipment including HVOF, Plasma, and Twin-Wire Arc equipment required
• Knowledgeable of preparation and finishing steps before and after coating application is a plus
• Experience in using and programming 6-axis robots is a plus
• Ability to independently apply coating to most industrial machine parts
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Proficient in using and reading micrometers, thickness gauges, and other measurement instruments
• Observe Environmental & safety rules including wearing PPE
• The ability to watch, listen and learn / retain training for rapid understanding of processes
• Read and interpret engineering drawings
Position Responsibilities and Duties
• Operate and maintain Thermal Spray Equipment (HVOF, Plasma, Twin Wire Arc, etc)
• Apply protective masking such including tapes, polymers, and manufactured tooling
• Remove existing coatings and perform complete surface preparation for coating
• Set-Up booths properly to include spray equipment, tooling and special cooling fixtures
• Operate spray equipment per parameter sheets and document completed processes
• Inspect coatings for adhesion and uniformity• Manage and coordinate orders for thermal spray area per production schedule
Personal Skills required
• Must be able to work collaboratively as part of a team and as an individual
• Display the ability to focus on problems as opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to think "yes I can if. . ."
• Problem solving mentality that is concerned with root cause
• Computer skills necessary for data entry -- production and quality
Education and Training
• Minimum Education: High school graduate or GED
• Experience in a lean/5S environment preferred**
Benefits offered after one full month of employment include medical, dental, vision, and paid life insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Individuals should be able to:
Individuals interested in applying for a position at our company should email a completed employment application along with their resume to us at HR@industrialplating.com.
Industrial Plating Company is located near downtown Chattanooga, TN. Chattanooga was recently rated #1 in Outside Magazine as one of the best places to live and is considered the “Boulder” of the south.